You will learn:
• How to use the Concrete Pictorial Abstract Approach that impacted the successful teaching of maths in the past when NZ was one of the top four countries in the world alongside Singapore and Scandinavian countries
• Skills in following a valued spiral approach sequence of learning progressions building in depth and confidence in your students
• How to incorporate all learners in a collaborative approach using materials that promote conversation, problem-solving while exploring through a ‘play’ structure
• Skills and strategies to support struggling learners and include them in the general classroom
• Building confidence in your own understanding of maths and imparting the joy of mathematics
• Planning and assessment in plan, teach, review cycle
This fee includes morning tea and a takeaway maths resource that you can use in your classroom. Please bring your own lunch.