This Student Book is for higher ability students in Year 8/9. It has been adapted from the leading Singapore course. Rigorously reviewed by experienced UK and Singapore educators, it harnesses authentic Singaporean mastery values and embeds a growth mindset that everyone can succeed at maths.
- Includes learning objectives within each chapter opening, alongside an everyday example of the content to encourage real-life application of maths.
- Aids students' transition to Year 8/9 through 'Flashback' sections and 'Recall' boxes which provide a reminder of what was covered in primary years.
- Class activities offer a whole-class introduction to topics, with examples of how to teach using a Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract (CPA) approach.
- Incorporates worked examples to give students clear steps of how to present solutions, with hints and discussion points to encourage paired, group and whole-class working.
- Identifies problem-solving opportunities throughout exercises, with two separate problem-solving sections to further encourage skills development.
- Consolidates learning through levelled practice exercises, progressing from basic fluency to application to problem solving, and through end-of-chapter review exercises.
- Encourages students to reflect upon and embed their learning through a 'Write in Your Journal' feature at the end of each chapter.
- Features short answers in the back of the book to quickly resolve misconceptions, with fully-worked solutions in the Teacher Guide.
- Provides progression and practice for higher ability students, and is supported by a Workbook, Teacher Guide, Graded Question Bank, and Kerboodle digital resources.