This Evaluation Pack contains Discovering Mathematics Student Book 1B, Workbook 1B for Year 8 - 9 students, and sample material from Student Book 2B for Year 9 - 10.
Adapted from the pioneering Singapore series, this course harnesses authentic Singaporean mastery values and embeds a growth mindset that everyone can succeed at maths.
- Pack contains a copy of Student Book 1B and Workbook1B (both for Year 8/9), sample material from Student Book 2B (Year 9/10) and a Course Guide
- The Student Book presents topics using the Concrete, Pictorial, and Abstract (CPA) approach, an algebra concept, for example, might be presented in abstract form, through diagrams with algebra discs, and through concrete activities with algebra discs
- Class activities in the Student Book allow students to discover the underlying maths for themselves in paired or group work
- Exercises in both the Student Books and Workbooks are constructed to consolidate learning, progressing from basic fluency to application, and developing a rigorous approach to problem-solving
- Student Book short answers are given in the back of the book and Workbook short answers are available FREE on the Discovering Mathematics website
- Fully worked solutions can be found in the Teacher Guide and on Kerboodle, and carry grades to help track progress
- The Course is supported by Teacher Guides, Graded Question Banks, Kerboodle digital resources, a Manipulatives Pack and an introductory guide for teachers